Police say a man who was sucker-punched and left unconscious in the street was then robbed by another group of people in the Bronx.
The entire incident was caught on surveillance video. It happened at the intersection of Aqueduct Avenue and Buchanan Place in University Heights on June 18.
The surveillance video shows two men approaching 37-year-old Fernando Levano in the street. That’s when police said one of the men punches Levano so hard, he drops to the ground unconscious.
When the two men left, police said several other people came by and started going through Levano’s pockets, stealing his cell phone and other items.
Police said the man who threw the punch then returned and took cell phone photos of the victim lying in the street before both groups of people left the scene, reports NY1.
WANTED: Two Hispanic males for punching a 37-year-old man, knocking him unconscious at the intersection of Aqueduct Ave/Buchanan Pl #Bronx and then taking photos of him. Other ppl approached the man and took his cellphone and wallet out of his pocket. Help ID them #800577TIPS pic.twitter.com/gJEk2vCwiM
— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) June 28, 2018
— overpasses4America (@o4america) June 28, 2018
The victim’s sister, Cristina Zuniga, says he has a fractured skull and brain swelling. He’s unable to open his eyes or speak with his family.
“We don’t know how he’s going to react when he does get up. We hope he does get better,” she said. “I go every day since the first day I found out he was in the hospital and I’ve been there every day until he is over and I’m always going to be there until everything goes down, he gets justice.”
Neighbors describe Levano as a hard working father who had lived in the same area of the Bronx for more than 30 years.
“He’s not that kind of person,” said neighbor Gary Small. “That shouldn’t have happened to him.”
“I don’t know who did it and why they did it,” said neighbor Marita Frett. “I watched him grow up right here.”
Police said the two suspects from the initial assault were later caught on surveillance cameras on 183rd Street giving one another a high five.
“They think it was funny to go back and record him,” Zuniga said. “Why the people around him couldn’t call 911 to protect him? Right now he’s in ICU, critical condition. Don’t know if he’s going to survive.”
The family said a maintenance worker from a public school a couple blocks away eventually did call 911 and protected Levano from being hit by any cars.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782), visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
In other news coming out of DeBlasio’s New York City, a Nazi-Imitating, racist black woman goes off on an Orthodox Jew. See video below.
MTA, you never disappoint. pic.twitter.com/QpFx81klcG
— Harry Plotter (@chrisfrench_) May 24, 2018
Parents were outraged recently when schools asked Jewish children to hold a moment of silence for Palestinian terrorists who are hell-bent on exterminating every last Jew.
The Beacon School in Manhattan came under fire for the tribute to self-inflicted victims of riots organized by Hamas in which more than 60 were killed by Israeli forces last week during clashes. The terrorist group saw 50 members killed in the border violence.
“I am extremely upset because I did not send my child to a New York City public school to pray for Hamas operatives,” one Jewish parent.
A student at the elite school made the announcement on Tuesday, shocking some students and outraging parents, according to the New York Post.
“As a Jewish student, I could see a lot of my Jewish friends get very weird when the moment of silence started,” student Sophie Steinberg said. “I think that’s Beacon’s nature — to not be divisive but to bring up the things that no one wants to talk about.”
“I just don’t think any school should be promoting a moment of silence for terrorists. What if it was Islamic terrorists in ISIS?” the mother of one student said. “No school would be having that over the loudspeaker.”
“I wish there was that conversation afterwards,” Fortune Ndombo, a junior, said.. “There was no follow-up.”
In a final note on the absurdity of Marxist-Democrats in NYC, a control freak NYC Councilman wants to ban smoking while walking.
“My bill is very simple, no smoking and walking on New York City Sidewalks,” said Queens Councilman Peter Koo (Dist. 20).
His bill would make it a misdemeanor to walk while smoking, likely punishable by a fine of $50, reports Fox 5.
Smokers, already banned from lighting up in public parks among many other places in the city, weren’t thrilled at the idea.
“I’m not standing in one spot, it’s not gonna happen,” said Ian, a smoker in Flushing. “As I’m walking, it’s outside, I’m not blowing it in anyone’s faces.”
“I think that’s unreasonable,” said Ceia Cremo, 48, of Jackson Heights. She was smoking an American Spirit as she walked down Fifth Ave.
“Where else do I have left to smoke? You can’t smoke in the park, you can’t smoke in a lot of places.”
Other smokers questioned how such a law would be enforced and said it would divert much-needed police resources.
Smoking while standing in one spot would still be allowed. While some questioned whether a ban on walking and smoking would infringe on civil liberties, Koo said he’s not concerned.
Mr Americana, Overpasses News Desk
June 28th, 2018