Michael Moore is prepping a new documentary about President Donald Trump called Fahrenheit 11/9, Variety reports. The film’s title refers to the date of Trump’s election and is also a play on Moore’s scathing 2004 film about George W. Bush and the Iraq War, Fahrenheit 9/11.
Moore has reportedly been working on the film in secret for months and fantasizes that it will help puncture Trump’s seemingly impenetrable armor.
“No matter what you throw at him, it hasn’t worked,” Moore said. “No matter what is revealed, he remains standing. Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him. Even when he commits a self-inflicted wound, he gets up the next morning and keeps going and tweeting. That all ends with this movie.”
For Fahrenheit 11/9, Moore has reunited with Fahrenheit 9/11 producers, Bob and disgraced Harvey Weinstein, who faces life in prison for multiple counts of sexual assault.
The birds of a feather shopped the film to buyers at the Cannes Film Festival. Moore and the Weinsteins scored a massive hit with Fahrenheit 9/11, which won the Palme D’or at Cannes and went on to become the highest-grossing documentary of all time.
Meanwhile, a potential legal battle is brewing between Michael Moore and Harvey and Bob Weinstein over Fahrenheit 11/9, the sequel Moore is making to his 2004 film, which became the biggest grossing documentary of all time.
Titled Fahrenheit 11/9 to commemorate the day Donald Trump pulled off a shocking victory to become U.S. president, the new film focuses on how it happened and all the chaos that followed in Trump’s first year in office. The Weinsteins have controls over the docu, and sources said they are right now blocking Moore and his WME reps from being able to set the film with a theatrical distributor or a premium broadcast outlet. For details on the looming legal battle, click here.
Weinstein, the disgraced movie mogul was recently slapped with additional sex crime charges Monday tied to a new, third accuser that could send him to prison for life.
After the unnamed woman testified before a grand jury on Friday, Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr. got new indictments against the pervy producer for a forcible sexual act in 2006 — and with a third accuser establishing a pattern, was able to add two counts of predatory sexual assault, reports PageSix.
The top predatory sex act charges mean Weinstein faces life behind bars, according to the DA. He had been looking at up to 25 years on felony charges of rape and a criminal sex act, to which he’s pleaded not guilty.
“A Manhattan grand jury has now indicted Harvey Weinstein on some of the most serious sexual offenses that exist under New York’s Penal Law,” said Vance said in a statement.
The previous charges stemmed from allegations that he forced aspiring actress Lucia Evans to perform oral sex on him in 2004, and raped a second woman at a DoubleTree hotel in Manhattan in 2013.
Evans told the New Yorker that she was just a college student when she met Weinstein in a nightclub and he offered to introduce her to a casting executive.
They met alone at his Miramax office in Tribeca, where he told her she’d “be great in ‘Project Runway’” if she lost weight — then pulled out his penis and forced her onto it, she alleged in the magazine.
Weinstein is currently out on $1 million bail, and is wearing an ankle monitor top ensure he doesn’t leave the confines of New York and Connecticut.
Mr Americana, Overpasses News Desk
July 2nd, 2018