The Wisconsin Supreme Court heard oral arguments on Thursday in the case of a conservative professor who sued a Catholic university after it fired him for exposing on a blog pro-LGBT bias among a faculty member.
Tenured professor Dr. John McAdams was fired by Jesuit-run Marquette University in 2015 when he refused to apologize for using his blog to expose a graduate instructor who wouldn’t allow criticism of same-sex “marriage” in her class.
McAdams sued the university in McAdams v. Marquette for breach of his employment contract. Marquette won the first round at the trial court. McAdams appealed. The Supreme Court agreed to bypass the Court of Appeals and hear the case immediately.
A decision is expected as early as June.
So how did this happen to begin with?
It happened, because the now-defunct Soviet Union spent over a trillion in today’s dollars on propaganda & infiltrating America at every level, but especially the educational system.
As stated in their goals:
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
Marquette says John McAdams violated professional responsibility toward graduate-student teacher Cheryl Abbate, causing her direct, irreparable harm with his November 9, 2014 blog post.
McAdams maintains he did no such thing, saying the blog post is a pretext, and that Marquette has wanted to get rid of him for a long time.
The case brought against Marquette by the outspoken political science professor has gained national attention, with implications for what many see is a political correctness and freedom of speech problem on college campuses across the country. Various groups have taken sides in the case via amicus briefs.
McAdams has the backing of the Thomas More Society, the Wisconsin Department of Justice, the American Association of University Professors, the National Association of Scholars, Law and University Professors and Academics, the Great Lakes Justice Center and the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education.
Supporting Marquette are the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers.
The Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty, the firm representing McAdams, says McAdams v. Marquette is the most watched academic freedom case in the country and a victory for McAdams would serve as a bulwark for that freedom. Click here for more details.
Mr Americana, Overpasses News Desk
April 23rd, 2018